- Welcome to RobCapo.com, my sandbox for web projects and general contact page. Who am I? See below. If you want to know more, feel free to contact me. This website is built with the latest version of my PHP MVC Framework, which I will probably name.
2013 – Present M.Sc. Electrical & Computer Engineering, Rowan University
2009 – 2013 B.Sc. Electrical & Computer Engineering, Rowan University
2013 – Present Teaching Fellow, Rowan University
Summer 2012 Research Assistant, Signal Processing & Pattern Recognition Laboratory
2007 – Present Owner, The DJ House
- Machine Learning
- Strong fundamental understanding of core classification algorithms including Support Vector Machines, Multi-Layer Perceptrons, Classification Trees, Naïve Bayes, k Nearest Neighbor, ensemble systems. Published research in non-stationary, semi-supervised, and active machine learning.
- Ability to learn new languages quickly. Experience in C++, Objective C 2.0 (Mac/iOS Development). Expertise in MATLAB, as well as the following web markup and scripting languages.
- Web Design
- Computers / Programs
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, MATLAB, Coda, and Wolfram Mathematica. Experience on both Mac OS X and Windows Operating Systems.
- Organization / Project Management
- Manage a business regularly dealing with order processing, inventory tracking, and shipping. Manage multiple devices for school and business keeping important documents secure, in sync, and backed up via Dropbox. Experience with Mac/iOS applications (OmniFocus, OmniPlan) for project and task management. Familiarity with capture management, proposal development, gantt charts, work breakdown structures, earned value management.
- Negotiations with suppliers, provides technical support and customer service.
- Started a website from the ground up and built it into a profitable business.
- Dyer K., Capo R., Polikar R., "COMPOSE: A Semi-Supervised Learning Framework for Initially Labeled Non-Stationary Streaming Data" IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, Special issue on Learning in Nonstationary and Dynamic Environments, 2014
- Capo R., Dyer K., Polikar R., "Active Learning in Non-Stationary Environments," International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN 2013), Dallas, TX, August 2013.