- Welcome to RobCapo.com, my sandbox for web projects and general contact page. I am a machine learning developer with a strong background in web development. I am passionate about software development of any sort. I own a small business selling pro audio and lighting equipment. I try to be a guitar player, I'm a Phish fan, and I am a big fan of most Apple products. If you want to know more about any of this, feel free to contact me. This website is built with the latest version of my nameless PHP MVC Framework.
2013 – Present M.Sc. Electrical & Computer Engineering (Machine Learning), Rowan University
2009 – 2013 B.Sc. Electrical & Computer Engineering (Cum laude), Rowan University
2013 – Present Teaching Fellow, Rowan University
Taught two freshman level engineering classes that were focused on fundamental engineering principles. Responsibilities included grading, creating and presenting lectures, and labs. Class topics included economics, ethics, statistics, engineering software, and communication.
2007 – Present Owner, The DJ House
As a high school student with experience in web development, I started an ecommerce store selling professional audio and lighting equipment. As the business grew, so did my responsibilities: supplier relations, inventory management, data entry, customer service, logistics, and marketing. The business has expanded measurably and is now family operated.
Summer 2012 Research Assistant, Signal Processing & Pattern Recognition Laboratory
Helped develop a novel algorithm for learning in non-stationary environments. Responsibilities included research literature review, generating experimental datasets, algorithm design/development, and implementation of other related algorithms in MATLAB.
- Machine Learning
- Strong fundamental understanding of core classification algorithms including Support Vector Machines, Multi-Layer Perceptrons, Classification Trees, Naïve Bayes, k Nearest Neighbor, ensemble systems. Published research in non-stationary, semi-supervised, and active machine learning. Interest in computational neuroscience and online learning systems.
- Ability to learn new languages quickly. Experience in C, C++, Objective C 2.0 (Mac/iOS Development), Python. Expertise in MATLAB, as well as the web design languages listed below.
- Web Design
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, MATLAB, Coda, and Wolfram Mathematica. Experience on Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows Operating Systems.
- Organization / Project Management
- Manages a business regularly dealing with order processing, inventory tracking, and shipping. Experience with Mac/iOS applications (OmniFocus, OmniPlan) for project and task management. Familiarity with capture management, proposal development, gantt charts, work breakdown structures, earned value management.
- Negotiations with suppliers, provides technical support and customer service. Taught two Freshman level engineering classes at Rowan University.
- Started a website from the ground up and built it into a profitable business.
- Dyer K., Capo R., Polikar R., "COMPOSE: A Semi-Supervised Learning Framework for Initially Labeled Non-Stationary Streaming Data" IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, Special issue on Learning in Nonstationary and Dynamic Environments, 2014
- Capo R., Sanchez A., Polikar R., "Core Support Extraction for Learning from Initially Labeled Nonstationary Environments using COMPOSE," World Conference on Computational Intelligence (WCCI 2014), Beijing, China, July 2014. Accepted
- Capo R., Dyer K., Polikar R., "Active Learning in Non-Stationary Environments," International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN 2013), Dallas, TX, August 2013.
- Relevant Courses
- Computational Intelligence
- Embedded Systems Design
- Estimation & Detection Theory
- Pattern Recognition
- Digital Speech Processing
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Advanced Systems & Control
- Digital Signal Processing
- Systems Engineering
- Electricity & Magnetism
- Project Management